Mr. Fixit's Current Events: about snowballs, pipelines, and climate change.
Opening hymn: we are learning "O Lord, How Shall I Meet You?" by Paul Gerhardt. There are different tunes for this one, but we are singing it to a familiar tune, "All Glory Laud and Honour," the one used in the midi sample on Hymntime.org. There are also different translations, but we're using this Lutheran one; as printed in Mr. Pipes and Psalms and Hymns of the Reformation, it includes verses 1, 4, 5, and 7.
Poem for reading out loud: "Easter Wings," by George Herbert.
We finished chapter 9 of Perelandra.
Three chapters of Exploring the History of Medicine.
One page of grammar.
Hamilton's Mythology, finished a chapter.
Journey to the Source of the Nile, last reading for the term.
Our Roman Roots, Lesson VIII, Day 1.
- About Us
- Anne Writes
- A is for Airplane
- Christmas Past, Christmas Present(s)
- Charlotte Mason Education
- Herbartianism Posts
- Why you should read Romola
- CM Volume Three Posts
- CM Volume Four Posts
- CM Volume Five Posts
- CM Volume Six Posts
- A Treasury of Thrift, a Feast of Frugality
- Crocheting Posts
- Project 333, Fall 2016: Ordinary Clothes for Ordinary Life
- Project 333, Winter 2016-2017: A Little Different