1. What's for supper?
A layered casserole made from leftover smoked sausage, leftover cooked barley, chicken broth, celery, mushrooms, and mini potatoes that the Apprentice donated (she brought some of her groceries here). I cut the potatoes in half, although they were already pretty small; put them on top of the other ingredients; drizzled a bit of olive oil on them; and sprinkled on some thyme. The potatoes were done by the time the rest was heated through.
Spinach salad with carrots and chow mein noodles
Dessert made from graham crackers, yogurt, frozen blueberries, and a bit of leftover fruit crisp.
2. Things to make: I crocheted two doll-sized hairbows and a girl-sized one, after Dollygirl noticed this link on Doll Diaries today. These are very, very, very easy and fast. No shaping--you just make rectangles and then cinch them in the middle with yarn.
3. I downloaded Best Hikes and Walks in Ontario, free right now for Kindle.
4. Free for the looking: pink magnolia blossoms on our backyard tree. Like these ones. Last year the magnolia blossoms all got killed by a hard frost, along with the apple blossoms. I've heard that this is supposed to be a good apple year, so maybe the magnolia will stay beautiful as well.
- About Us
- Anne Writes
- A is for Airplane
- Christmas Past, Christmas Present(s)
- Charlotte Mason Education
- Herbartianism Posts
- Why you should read Romola
- CM Volume Three Posts
- CM Volume Four Posts
- CM Volume Five Posts
- CM Volume Six Posts
- A Treasury of Thrift, a Feast of Frugality
- Crocheting Posts
- Project 333 Clothes, Summer 2016
- Project 333 Clothes, Winter to Spring 2016