1. What's for supper?
A layered casserole made from leftover smoked sausage, leftover cooked barley, chicken broth, celery, mushrooms, and mini potatoes that the Apprentice donated (she brought some of her groceries here). I cut the potatoes in half, although they were already pretty small; put them on top of the other ingredients; drizzled a bit of olive oil on them; and sprinkled on some thyme. The potatoes were done by the time the rest was heated through.
Spinach salad with carrots and chow mein noodles
Dessert made from graham crackers, yogurt, frozen blueberries, and a bit of leftover fruit crisp.
2. Things to make: I crocheted two doll-sized hairbows and a girl-sized one, after Dollygirl noticed this link on Doll Diaries today. These are very, very, very easy and fast. No shaping--you just make rectangles and then cinch them in the middle with yarn.
3. I downloaded Best Hikes and Walks in Ontario, free right now for Kindle.
4. Free for the looking: pink magnolia blossoms on our backyard tree. Like these ones. Last year the magnolia blossoms all got killed by a hard frost, along with the apple blossoms. I've heard that this is supposed to be a good apple year, so maybe the magnolia will stay beautiful as well.
- About Us
- Christmas Past, Christmas Present(s)
- 2014 Christmas crafts photos and links
- Herbartianism Posts
- Charlotte Mason Education
- CM Volume Three Posts
- CM Volume Four Posts
- CM Volume Five Posts
- CM Volume Six Posts
- L'Harmas 2014
- Plans for Grade Eight, 2014-2015
- Lydia's Grade Eight Posts
- Geography posts
- A Treasury of Thrift, a Feast of Frugality
- A lot of frugal meals
- 18-Inch Dolls (and Crissy)
- Crocheting Posts
- Crochet Class Posts (2012)