It's gray and windy, but the wind isn't cold now, it's just spring wind.
The robin was back on our porch again, ready for attempt number two or three at building a nest over the light. I watched him (I think it was a him) fly back and forth a few times with clumps of dried grass, messing around, kind of stomping and flapping the stuff down, flying off for more. I hated to have to tell him that the eviction notice would be posted as soon as Mr. Fixit got home from his errands.
Just then a gust of wind blew the half-made nest to the ground, and the robin (intuitively?) did not return.
Also seen: a very bad squirrel with his head inside our bird feeder, stuffing his face as fast as he could. A chipmunk. Lots of violets.
- About Us
- Anne Writes
- A is for Airplane
- Christmas Past, Christmas Present(s)
- Charlotte Mason Education
- Herbartianism Posts
- Why you should read Romola
- CM Volume Three Posts
- CM Volume Four Posts
- CM Volume Five Posts
- CM Volume Six Posts
- A Treasury of Thrift, a Feast of Frugality
- Crocheting Posts
- Project 333, Fall 2016: Ordinary Clothes for Ordinary Life
- Project 333, Winter 2016-2017: A Little Different