I did a conference workshop last weekend and mentioned that reading Architecture Shown to the Children can improve your ability at crosswords (words like APSE). They thought I was joking.
A couple of days ago I posted about Gothic architecture and ogees.
The crossword in today's paper has the clue, "Pointed arch." Which has come up before, but this time I didn't have to look it up: OGEE.
So there you go. Homeschooling has its advantages.
- About Us
- Anne Writes
- A is for Airplane
- Christmas Past, Christmas Present(s)
- Charlotte Mason Education
- Herbartianism Posts
- Why you should read Romola
- CM Volume Three Posts
- CM Volume Four Posts
- CM Volume Five Posts
- CM Volume Six Posts
- A Treasury of Thrift, a Feast of Frugality
- Crocheting Posts
- Project 333, Winter 2016-2017: A Little Different
- Project 333: Winter's End 2017