Tuesday, November 18, 2014

A fun way to dress up no-flour peanut butter cookies

See, I told you that you miss out if you don't click on the Sew Mama Sew links because they don't apply to you (today's theme is Boys, and we don't have any except for Mr. Fixit). The recipe link today is for Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies, which turns out to be the old standby sugar-egg-peanut butter recipe stacked with frosting.  It's obviously not something you can take to a nut-free classroom or church potluck, but if you don't have peanut problems it sounds like a winner.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, this is going to sound strange, but I looked at that recipe and thought, I wonder if that would be a good place to put the chocolate-ish protein powder my son disliked so heartily - the hemp protein from Trader Joe's that tastes like grass. I hate to throw the stuff away.

Mama Squirrel said...

Well...I'm not sure about those particular ones. But what about using the powder in "Ovaltine cookies?" http://deweystreehouse.blogspot.ca/2010/12/christmas-cookies-not-for-ralphie.html Or maybe muffins.