Mr. Fixit makes good beef stew, I was going to say out of his head but that sounds strange; without a recipe, anyway. But when I make stew, which isn't very often, I use the recipe from the booklet that came with our Rival Crockpot when we were married. The same recipe is posted here.
You can change things around as you like. I didn't have any broth, so I used water, and less onion, and I have never used the 2 optional teaspoons of Kitchen Bouquet. It's still a good recipe.
Dessert was leftover gingerbread with blueberries, or one of the sugar cookies that Lydia made this afternoon.
- About Us
- Anne Writes
- A is for Airplane
- Christmas Past, Christmas Present(s)
- Charlotte Mason Education
- Herbartianism Posts
- Why you should read Romola
- CM Volume Three Posts
- CM Volume Four Posts
- CM Volume Five Posts
- CM Volume Six Posts
- A Treasury of Thrift, a Feast of Frugality
- Crocheting Posts
- Project 333, Fall 2016: Ordinary Clothes for Ordinary Life