- About Us
- Anne Writes
- A is for Airplane
- Christmas Past, Christmas Present(s)
- Frugal Finds & Fixes
- Charlotte Mason Education
- Herbartianism Posts
- Why you should read Romola
- CM Volume Three Posts
- CM Volume Four Posts
- CM Volume Five Posts
- CM Volume Six Posts
- Crocheting Posts
- Project 333, Winter 2016-2017: A Little Different
- Project 333: Winter's End 2017
Monday, November 11, 2013
Dollygirl's Grade Seven: Tuesday plans and bass clarinets (updated)
School plans for Tuesday include a lunchtime concert at a local church. This one features bass clarinet and percussion.
The Accidental Voyage (Mr. Pipes): read all of Chapter 6. Mr. Pipes, Annie and Drew board a boat in Milan, but their overnight stay turns into an unexpected adventure. (Note to self: don't trust any sailboat captain claiming to be an Irishman named Abdul...or maybe he's American, we're not sure.)
Grammar of Poetry: puns and review of previous lessons. We actually got into the next lesson, about iambic patterns. After trying to find some two-syllable words that fit the iambic pattern (unstressed, stressed), we read "My Mother Said," a poem with strong iambic rhythm.
Exam Practice (Written Narrations)
1. Give some account of (a), The "Father of English Song" or (b), The "Father of English History."
2. How would you recognize a Romanesque building? Can you describe one?
Math: estimation questions. Two word problems about lemonade and cheese.
Easy Grammar Plus
The Sword and the Circle
Natural history reading and notebook.