- About Us
- Anne Writes
- A is for Airplane
- Christmas Past, Christmas Present(s)
- Charlotte Mason Education
- Herbartianism Posts
- Why you should read Romola
- CM Volume Three Posts
- CM Volume Four Posts
- CM Volume Five Posts
- CM Volume Six Posts
- A Treasury of Thrift, a Feast of Frugality
- Crocheting Posts
- Project 333, Fall 2016: Ordinary Clothes for Ordinary Life
- Project 333, Winter 2016-2017: A Little Different
Monday, September 08, 2014
Nabisco Chocolate Brannies Recipe
Whole Grain Brannies
1 cup Nabisco 100% Bran Cereal, or another brand (like All-Bran)
2/3 cup milk
4 squares Baker's Unsweetened Chocolate, OR 4 oz. semisweet chocolate chips (and less sugar)
1/2 cup margarine
1 1/2 cups sugar, or less, especially if you are using semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup whole wheat flour (or unbleached or all-purpose work fine too)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9-inch square pan.
Mix cereal and milk, let stand five minutes to soften.
Heat chocolate and margarine together, in microwave or on low heat. When melted and smooth, stir in sugar.
Combine chocolate/margarine, cereal/milk, and eggs. Stir in flour.
Spread in greased 9-inch pan. Bake 30-40 minutes or until done. Cool and cut in squares.