Friday, September 05, 2014

Old Homeschool Moms

These days I feel less and less like a homeschool mom. Whatever that is.

My eighth grader is now doing so much of her own schoolwork, that when I do pick up the odd book to read out loud, she wants to know why.

She's choosing her own copywork from Les Miserables, which isn't a school book but which she's decided to read anyway.

She's managing a lot of her math work on her own.

I seem to have worked myself out of a job.

(I did teach her how to tie a sheet bend this week.  I was not a Girl Guide for nothing.)

2 comments:

TenArrows said...

All those signs definitely mean that you've done an awesome job, Mom!

sgaissert said...

As another homeschool mom who worked her way out of a job, I say pat yourself on the back and go out and follow your passion. Congratulations, Mom!