2. Raise your hand if you remember records playing at a speed of 78 rpm? What's a topic that when it comes up you 'sound like a broken record'?
Oh, sure, I had a pile of 45's and little '78's. Popeye the Sailor Man and all the rest of them.
What am I a broken record on? Probably everything since 1978.
3. What's the last thing you recorded in some way?
Verbally? Besides a voice mail to somebody? I guess that would count. Maybe a couple of podcasts I spoke on.
Pendelfin bunny and book from an antiques market
4. Thursday is the first day of fall (in the northern hemisphere). How do you feel about the changing seasons? Something you're looking forward to this fall?
Although things seem to be getting back to "normal" in most ways, the sense of time being kind of mushy over the past two-plus years hasn't entirely gone away, and sometimes the seasons scoot past too quickly, waving from their 1978 roller skates. Fall is good, pumpkins and leaves and blue October skies are nice, but snow comes behind all that.
Thrifted scarf, flea-market necklace found last weekend
5. In what way (or ways) are you like the apple that didn't 'fall far from the tree'?
Not sure right now.
But here's a poem by Denise Levertov that seems to fit the question.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
My bread sometimes turns out somewhat random-looking, but it tastes all right.
Linked from The Wednesday Hodgepodge at From This Side of the Pond.