1. In two or three sentences describe yourself to someone who has never met you.
Squirrels collect and store whatever they find, sometimes to their own detriment. I do collect some physical things, but I'm more likely to run around collecting up words and ideas.
When my little backpack is full, I try to put them back together and give others something to chew on. Metaphorically speaking.
2. Will you celebrate Halloween this year, and if so tell us how? Let's play this or that-chocolate candy or fruity candy? pumpkin seeds or pumpkin pie? Halloween party or scary movie? hay ride or corn maze? carve a pumpkin or paint a pumpkin?
It's not a big deal for us, and we hardly ever get trick-or-treaters.
We might watch a semi-scary movie and eat some of the little chocolate bars that we bought with the full knowledge that we might get, like, one kid knocking on the door..
The stores are full of pumpkins right now, so I bought a small one and turned it into pumpkin bars yesterday.
3. What's something that scared you when you were young? Are you still afraid?
Ferris wheels...ski lifts...escalators. And yes.
4. Your favorite soothing drink?
I suppose coffee is disqualified?
Celestial Seasonings Bengal Spice tea, a.k.a. caffeine-free chai. Drinking it reminds me of past poetry teatimes with our kids.
5. Are you thinking about Christmas yet? Does this make you feel happy or stressed?
How 'bout we keep that one for another hodgepodge.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
How is it that fall doesn't technically end until the winter solstice? I think we should have extra seasons, like they do in Japan; because right now we're getting near the end of orange-leaves-on-the-trees, heading into I'm-not-sure-what-season-November-is-but-it's-cold, and looking towards get-out-the-boots.