Saturday, August 11, 2012

What's for supper? Chicken and dumplings.


I realized I have a lot of chicken so thawed some this morning without knowing what I was doing with it. I've been stirfrying a lot lately so I wanted to try something a little different. Martha Stewart's Chicken and Dumplings recipe looked promising. I halved the recipe and used mixed peas and carrots with some onion flakes for the vegetables. I would watch the salt as I feel I oversalted a bit, and wasn't a big fan of the broth I used. Make sure you stir more often than the recipe requires...mine wanted to stick to the bottom of my Corningware. I used chicken thighs...the nutty flavour really added to the dish but breast would have been better in terms of texture.

1 comment:

Mama Squirrel said...

"I realized I have a lot of chicken so thawed some this morning without knowing what I was doing with it."

Couldn't have said it better myself. Love, Mom.