Sunday, February 25, 2018

Project 333, Spring 2018: Just a sample

Fashion Revolution Week is April 23-29, 2018
"We love fashion, but we don’t want our clothes to come at the cost of people or our planet." ~~ FashionRevolution.org

Inspiration for the Season
Image result for tom thomson nocturne
Tom Thomson, "Nocturne, Algonquin Park, 1915"

Last year I called this page "End of Winter"; but this year I'm feeling more optimistic and hoping for an actual Spring. Birds! Flowers! No March blizzards! (There's usually at least one surprise snowstorm.)

Some clothes I had expected to pull out this spring, that were on every tentative list, suddenly didn't make the cleanout cut. I had a size-six grey dress I thrifted last fall, that I finally admitted was too tight for comfort. Another print dress had had its day. A denim shirt, that I wore as a jean jacket, just felt done. A skirt that didn't have enough of a waistband to stay up properly: time to say goodbye. A blue jacket that was a good colour, but the puffed sleeves were a little much: it also went in the donation bag. At least letting go is easier if you haven't put much money into it.

But I've found good, "keeper" things, too.

No comments: