Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Come Unthrifting Again (Part Two)

What I've been doing with the unthrifted stuff:

My serious reading for today. Very worthwhile! Discusses reasons that we really don't like to learn (but have trouble admitting it): it's hard work, and it interrupts our status quo, shakes up our beliefs! Nevertheless, we need to learn, and keep learning how to learn, especially if we claim to be educators.
This was something I found after our days of doll-sewing here were at an end. The patterns are nice, but (like the cookbook below) too many of them call for non-optional ingredients I don't have, like t-shirt ribbing. After an enjoyable walk through the photos, I decided to pass this one on to another family.
Moosewood Cooks at Home is a great cookbook full of lovely, mostly-vegetarian food, most of which I know I'll never make (even if and when shopping becomes less of a planned military maneuver).  I went through it yesterday looking for ideas, and realized that almost every recipe has something in it that my husband either can't eat or just dislikes; and after almost thirty years together I know where those boundaries can be pushed and where they can't.
So I guess that one's moving on.

Most of the markers and pens still work, so I sorted them into the spots where those things go. I think we have a lifetime supply of highlighters and plastic pencils.
Oh, and I'm wearing the shirt and the scarf.

No comments: