Wednesday, April 14, 2021

Wednesday Hodgepodge: Killing it on the keyboard

 From this Side of the Pond

   

1. What is something you currently find 'taxing'?

Going to leave that one aside this time. The big things are the too-obvious ones, and the small ones are too personal. Or the other way around.

2. I've seen this question asked in various forms on several social media sites...you can only keep three-

coffee, jewelry, tacos, wine, books, dogs, chocolate, Netflix, make-up, leggings, cheese, cats

Which three do you keep and how easy or hard was it for you to decide? 

Would anybody not say "books?" I mean, over cheese and leggings?

Cats and dogs in general, those with whom I am acquainted, or those which I might host myself? Since I don't have any of the third group, and know very few of the second besides my daughter's chihuahua, I'd probably cross them off. I mean, if we're talking in terms of a "no pets" apartment or something.

I don't drink wine, and don't care especially about tacos. Netflix I can take or leave.

So I guess that leaves coffee, jewelry, and makeup! Coffee stays. And I'm getting older...makeup should probably stick around. Apologies to my earrings.

P.S. Oh, I forgot about chocolate. I'm with Joyce on this one: it would be pretty hard to cross off the list of life's good things. Somebody invent a chocolate that doubles as lipstick, okay?

3. Tell us something you know or have learned about forgiveness? 

“Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.”
― Oscar Wilde

4. What's something you'd recommend that is often overlooked and under appreciated? 

Vanilla ice cream.

5. Give us a favorite word that starts with letter K and tell us why this is the one you chose. 

Keyboard, as in computer. Because you never appreciate one fully until you've had to do an entire blog post using a touchpad.

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

Paul Klee did a "priorities" game one time too. This was his conclusion:

"First of all, the art of living; then as my ideal profession, poetry and philosophy, and as my real profession, plastic arts; in the last resort, for lack of income, illustrations."   —Paul Klee.

(Gualtieri Di San Lazzaro, Klee. Praeger, New York, 1957

Linked from The Wednesday Hodgepodge at From This Side of the Pond.

5 comments:

Claire S said...

Love your Oscar Wilde quote; it's so true. It's like laughing alongside your bully; they don't know what to do with that.

Cathy said...

I enjoyed your answers.

Joyce said...

I love vanilla ice cream, especially home made. Hope you're having a good week. Thanks for joining the HP today.

songbird's crazy world said...

yes, definitely, vanilla ice cream is underrated and under appreciated

Elizabeth "Libby" Day said...

I love Paul Klee abstracts! For our family, the only vanilla ice cream worth mentioning is Blue Bell!