Wednesday, May 19, 2021

Wednesday Hodgepodge: Randomistic pessimism

 From this Side of the Pond 

1. Realist, idealist, optimist, pessimist...which one are you? Elaborate. 

I am optimistic about my realistic pessimism.

2. What's something currently on your wish list? 

Optimistically or pessimistically?

I just bought a few wish-list summer things (posted about that here).

Besides that? Well, a haircut would be nice after half a year without one.

We need to get some new bedsheets and pillows.

I like the upcycled jean jackets at Six Ways to Sunday, but they're a lot out of my budget. Lydia recently gave me a free jean jacket from her closet purge, so that comes close. Who knows, maybe I could even change the sleeves up like the ones at Six Ways.

3. Three things on this week's shopping list? 

Mayonnaise. Baking soda. Another spaghetti squash to replace this poor victim of vivipary (a word I'd never heard before).


4. According to Trip Advisor here's a list of the top ten things to do in the US this summer-

Chicago Architecture River CruiseSkip the Line Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island Tour, New York In A Day  guided sightseeing tour, Charleston's Old South Historic Horse and Carriage tourGrand Canyon helicopter tourFull day iconic sights of LA, Beverly Hills, Beaches and more, D.C. at Dusk guided night tour, Beneath the Streets Underground History tour (Seattle)New Orleans Swamp and Bayou Boat tour, Gangsters and Ghosts tour in Chicago...read more about each excursion in the link here. 

Of the ten attractions listed which do you find most appealing? Have you already experienced anything on this list?

Haven't done even one of those, unless you count the Charleston Old South Historic Airport Security Line tour. The "sights of LA, Beverly Hills, Beaches" sounds quite nice, makes me think of meeting up with Jim Rockford for tacos. But at this point I might even go for the swamp, if somebody offered it to me.

5. Besides home and work where do you spend the most time? 

Home = work. Other than that?

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

When we moved in here almost two years ago, the back deck had some fake green leafy stuff twined through its end wall. We could have taken it down, but decided to leave it as it was; it added a bit of privacy between us and the busy road. But after this winter, it was showing its age, and Mr. Fixit decided to take the leafy stuff down and bag it up for garbage day. He tied up the bag and left it on the deck. Yesterday when he moved it out front for pickup, he came back and told me there was something moving inside the bag. Really? Like what? Like maybe some little animal that had been nesting in the green stuff, a mouse or a baby chipmunk. I looked too, and it did look like something was moving in there, but it was also a bit windy so it was hard to tell for sure what was moving the plastic bag around. I guess we will never know, because the next time he looked at the garbage bag, there was also a nicely-chewed exit hole in the side. Memo to Mr. Mouse: I'm sorry we destroyed your habitat, but I'm glad you didn't chew your way out indoors!

Linked from The Wednesday Hodgepodge at From This Side of the Pond.

6 comments:

ellen b. said...

Oh boy! Your random thought really is quite the story! Glad you had the bag outside for sure. I chuckled at a few of your answers. Hope the rest of the week goes nicely for you!

Lisa said...

oh my goodness! Your mouse story is quite humorous!!

Willow said...

I have to laugh about the mouse/chipmunk? story. At least it escaped the landfill.
LA beaches truly are spectacular. They're the best in winter because no one is there. (word to the wise: avoid the Malibu beaches. Entrance fees are high and they're always filled with people)

Kirstin said...

Your answer to #1 was hilarious. How crazy about the bag of green stuff.

Mama Squirrel said...

Thanks to all the Hodgepodgers for stopping by!

Josi said...

Once after cleaning out the guinea pig cages I took a garbage bag outside to the big trash cans. After I put it in the bag started moving and I ran back in to see if someone had snuck in the bag! Turns out it was a raccoon though.