Wednesday, May 12, 2021

Wednesday Hodgepodge: Going, Growing, maybe Throwing

 From this Side of the Pond

1. It's like my mama always said, "______________________________________________." 

Go clean your room?

Our youngest Squirreling did a final move-out recently, which involved a lot of getting rid of stuff. Inspired by her energy, and also by the fact that she gave me a bunch of things she didn't need and that I had to find room for if I wanted them, I also did a good cleanout of clothes-and-stuff-that-gets-stored-with-clothes. It actually all turned out very well, and I am now the second owner of a countertop cosmetics organizer (plus some stuff to put inside it), an extra jean shirt, a handy cardigan, a slip dress, about three bottles of bubble bath, and a couple of books that were on their way to the thrift store. Plus I put my prescription sunglasses in a place where I will remember to take them when I go out instead of somewhere in my bottom drawer.

2. May 11th is National Eat What You Want Day. What will you be having by way of celebration? 

That was yesterday, wasn't it? Right...well, Mr. Fixit made chicken paprikash with noodles.

I ate some green olives in oil and basil from the gift box that my oldest daughter sent for Mother's Day.

Oh, and we stopped and got a couple of doughnuts (the really plain non-messy kind) and coffee while we were out driving around after supper. What we were driving around for was trying to find an outdoor garden section that was open, so we could buy a couple of flower baskets. However, the weather was so rotten out there that I think it would have been more pleasant to stand looking at geraniums in the middle of January, so we gave up and cruised around, picked up the doughnuts, parked by the lake and had a snack in the car.

3. Describe your idea of a perfect spring day.

Finishing the last of a package of mini cinnamon buns for breakfast, photographing violets in the postage-stamp back yard, working on the computer for awhile, stopping for a coffee break with my husband, having a package delivered (see #5), eating leftovers (#2) for lunch plus a piece of chocolate also from the box my daughter sent me for Mother's Day, going back to work while he goes out to pick up a couple of flower baskets to ornament our outdoors (the weather's better today), having little or no idea of what we're going to make for dinner and being okay with that all the same.

Oh yeah, that was today.

And you will notice I didn't say anything about the things we're not doing.

4. Success, fulfillment, growth, achievement...pick one and tell us how it relates to your life in some way, either currently or in days gone by. 

Growth? Babies grow into children grow into adults. We ourselves and the ones we produced. The one who had the butterfly birthday right after we started this blog has spread her poster-board wings and flapped her way out of the Treehouse (see #1).

5. I saw this going around on various social media sites and thought it would be fun to answer here. The last thing you bought on Amazon is your weapon in battle. How will you wield it?  (if you're not an Amazon shopper, then the last thing you bought online anywhere)

A pair of  summer pajamas, teal with a palm tree print.

Ways I could use them as a weapon:

a) Letting the enemies laugh themselves silly

b) Turn the pajama pants into a stone-flinging catapult

c) Soak pajamas in flowery detergent and give the enemy an allergy attack

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

I think that's been random enough already.

Linked from The Wednesday Hodgepodge at From This Side of the Pond.

5 comments:

Julia @ Mini Van Dreams said...

Hello! Stopping by from the Hodgepodge. My kids and I do something similar sometimes - we go to a local fast food place and then go to the lake and eat in the car. It started as a way to get out of the house during quarantine... and we have just kept doing it every couple of weeks. We goof around and laugh and sing and have so much fun. Your weapon ideas cracked me up... my last item bought was eye drops! lol.

Lisa said...

oh my goodness -your weapon made me snort (how lady like!). Such a clever answer!!

Mama Squirrel said...

Hi Lisa and Julia! Thanks for stopping by, and I'm glad I could make you laugh.

Willow said...

Well, #3 in the weapon category would work on me. I'd sneeze and then you'd know my location and fling a rock at me.

Kirstin said...

Haha, love your ways you'd use the pajamas. I love your spring day too.