Thursday, April 16, 2020

Come Unthrifting With Me, Part Three: Close Enough Anyway

I said I was going to make yogurt, which I haven't done for a long time.  But I don't have the stuff for it (i.e. lots of milk and/or milk powder). At this point it's honestly easier to buy a tub of yogurt. I will keep it in mind, though.

I have been glad of the week's "assignment" to read Breath for the Bones and On Purpose. They give the days a little extra...purpose. They also seem to blend together, even though one is coming from an explicitly Christian perspective and the other is not. One asks the big questions, the other fills in an answer.

I've also been grateful, in a way, that I have had to lean more heavily than ever on what's in the house, and especially what's in the closet, now that economics is starting to be an issue as much as accessibility. It's not an anxious thing, just a prudent, extra-careful thing. I see a photo of a dress I like, and I think: I have some warm-weather dresses already. Or I could put a t-shirt together with a skirt...it would look a bit like that dress, or close enough anyway. And I'm okay with that. I have enough.

Today's card-making project: just one card,  glue drying. The beads are leftovers from the Squirrelings' jewelry-making days.

No comments: