Wednesday, July 08, 2020

Secret of the Wednesday Hodgepodge

Here are the questions for this week's Wednesday Hodgepodge. 


From this Side of the Pond
1. The Hodgepodge lands this year on National Secret Keeping Day...on a scale of 1-10 (with 1 being I'm a blabbermouth and 10 being I'm a vault) how good are you at keeping secrets?

Pretty good. The hardest time is at Christmas when I want people to open their presents. Like, a week before.

I read here nine jobs for people who can keep a secret-cybersecurity worker, executive assistant, housekeeper, lawyer, nuclear plant technician, physician, private investigator, psychologist, security guard  Of the jobs listed, which one most interests you and why?


Out of that list, probably psychologist, if you mean someone doing personal counselling.

2. What's the secret of life (or one of them anyway)?

Marcus Aurelius, as quoted by Father Tim in one of the Mitford books:“The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit. The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are.” 

3. Off the record, best-kept secret, a fly on the wall, top secret, my lips are sealed, secret shopper, as quiet as a mouse, poker face, spill the beans, open secret, bite your tongue...which secret idiom can you best relate to right now? Explain. 

My lips are sealed on that one. 

4. Spill here the secret ingredient in one of your favorite recipes? 

Ketchup in the honey-garlic sauce, this recipe. (I cut the soy sauce in half.) It's amazing. It doesn't have to be a slow-cooker recipe, either--I just mix up the sauce and use it for any meat and vegetables on the stove top. 

 5. My mama celebrates a big birthday tomorrow. Share a favorite quote, song lyric, saying, or verse of scripture that will add some sunshine to her day (ours too!)

"But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us." (2 Corinthians 4:7) 

6.  Insert your own random thought here. 

Prettiest recently-thrifted thing: candle holder, and I found candles for it at the next stop. Like an earthen vessel?

7 comments:

Elizabeth "Libby" Day said...

I have printed out the chicken recipe because my husband loves using the InstaPot for any and all reasons. The sauce does sound delicious. The thrifted candle holder is so pretty and probably a good deal.

Mama Squirrel said...

We have used that recipe since Stephanie first posted it, with the reduced soy sauce amount. The ingredients sound weird, but together they seem to work.

Martha said...

Great hodgepodge post, I'm going to have to give that recipe a try! Have a great day :)

JanCT said...

Love a good Father Tim quote! I'm glad I found your blog through the Hodgepodge. Have a good week.
Jan
Laughter and Consistency

songbird's crazy world said...

I loved your answers

Mama Squirrel said...

Thanks for stopping by!

Cathy said...

What a beautiful candle holder. I loved the Mitford Series!