This is Fashion Revolution Week, hosted by FashionRevolution.org.
"In an age of ugliness, a work of beauty is an act of defiance" – Sir Roger Scruton
The above quote was used in a video about the ugliness of contemporary buildings (such as monster apartment towers), by Paul Joseph Watson. He said,
"We are witnessing the uglification of the world. The Globalist goal is to make the whole planet identical in its atomizing dreariness. By dulling our senses they hope to dull our very life essence. This is all inherently totalitarian, but in an age of ugliness, a work of beauty is an act of defiance.”
You can think anything you want about globalism and what "they" want, that's not the point here. Or, rather, that is the point, that no matter where we stand on the political spectrum, there is one common aim: to promote and celebrate a special kind of beauty:
- the beauty of our world, when we haven't polluted it through the excesses of industry
- the beauty of natural fabrics and dyes that lessen that pollution
- the beauty of colour, and not just the same few colours that a handful of marketers have decided to sell us this season
- the beauty of human beings who are treated as such in their places of work
- the beauty of clothes, shoes, and jewelry that are well made, not slapped together
- the beauty of traditional arts, especially in fabric and jewelry design
- the beauty of things thoughtfully designed, that don't "make the whole planet identical"
- the beauty of things cherished and cared for.