- About Us
- Anne Writes
- Frugal Finds & Fixes
- Charlotte Mason Education
- CM Volume Two Posts
- CM Volume Three Posts
- CM Volume Four Posts
- CM Volume Five Posts
- CM Volume Six Posts
- Crocheting Posts
- Treehouse Gift Giving Guide 2018
- Christmas Countdown with Charlotte Mason
- Capsule Wardrobe for Winter 2020: Sonatinas and Snow
- Wardrobe, Winter's End 2020: All In Your Head
Sunday, August 28, 2016
Laugh for the day: big words, like Saxon
Journalist: Remind me... what was it you found?
Lance: A late-Saxon jewelled aestel.
Journalist: It has to be in language a ten-year-old could understand.
Journalist: Can't have too many big words. Er... Like Saxon.
Lance: Oh, er... Well, it's a type of... jewel...
Lance: Garnets and glass.
Journalist: I'll put diamonds.
Lance: I haven't thought about it yet.
Journalist: Could we say holiday?
Journalist: Holiday of a lifetime.
Lance: Oh, OK.
Lance: Er... Dorset.
Journalist: I'll put Australia.