- About Us
- Anne Writes
- Frugal Finds & Fixes
- Charlotte Mason Education
- CM Volume Two Posts
- CM Volume Three Posts
- CM Volume Four Posts
- CM Volume Five Posts
- CM Volume Six Posts
- Crocheting Posts
- Christmas Countdown with Charlotte Mason
- Capsule Wardrobe for Winter 2020: Sonatinas and Snow
- Wardrobe, Winter's End 2020: All In Your Head
Wednesday, August 30, 2017
Wednesday Hodgepodge: this one is short.
1. Can you believe we're rolling in to the Labor Day weekend? What's a project you'll labor over this fall?
Getting a new study guide ready for publication. This one has been languishing for too long, so yes, it needs some labour. Around here we labour with an extra "u."
2. Tell us about the best perks you ever had in a job?
Most of my paid jobs were temp or contract, so they didn't come with perks. But I did have a university boss who gave out gift certificates to the campus bookstore as bonuses for extra work. I used one of them to buy an overpriced but interesting guide to Anne Tyler's novels, and also a set of pens and a calligraphy book to address our wedding invitations.
3. August 31st is National South Carolina Day. Have you ever been to SC? Any desire to go?
I know I was in North Carolina once (I had a freebie from the welcome center called A Little Tar Heel's North Carolina Coloring Book), so it seems like we must have also driven through South Carolina, but maybe it was a non-stop state.
If I had the chance to go to S.C., I'd go visit Harvest Community School in Summerton.
4. Beef, pork, country-style, barbecued, baby back, spare or short...your favorite kind of rib? What's a dish you enjoy that really 'sticks to your ribs'?
Ribs are not really my thing, too much bone, and eating them makes me feel a bit like Tom Bert and William. I'd probably eat the corn on the cob instead.
5. What's one important skill you think every person should have? Why?
Reading, probably, although obviously there are going to be exceptions to "every person."
6. Insert your own random thought here.
I did all my random thinking yesterday
Linked from The Wednesday Hodgepodge at From This Side of the Pond